Thursday, June 12, 2014

It's been a while....

Blog World!!


I am embarrassed to report that it has been a full YEAR since I have last posted!! Sheesh.  Maybe I should just hit the highlights??!!


I am still holding strong in my graduate program, and currently am out for summer break.  I know what you are thinking.....summer break? from college classes?  While that sounds amazing to some, I am SO ready to head back to work, and am eagerly waiting to find out where I will be placed for my internship!   Here is a picture of me with my fellow Principal Fellows:


Such a fun bunch!!  

In addition to school, there have been lots of races and places since my last posting.  I set a goal for 2014 to race at least once a month.  So far, I have hit every month with the exception of March, due to a family emergency.  

Highlight Reel:

January:  Run for Young 5K-Raleigh, NC
February:  Cupid Crawl 5K-Greenville, NC
April:  ECU Pirate Alumni 5K-Greenville, NC
May:  Elmhurst 5K-Greenville, NC
June:  Asheville Half Marathon-Asheville, NC



Don't ask me why I waited to run the longest distance in the mountains....I am such a flat land runner!!!  Needless to say, that was one of hardest races I have ever completed, and I felt amazing after finishing.    I owe a huge thanks to my trainer, who coached me through hills training on the *dreadmill*. 

Now, I am looking for races to finish out the year!!  I am needing a little bit of a break after training for and running a half in the mountains!  

Any suggestions for fun races to try?  

How have you pushed yourself to run farther, faster, or stronger than you have run before?



No comments:

Post a Comment