Sunday, September 13, 2015

Baby on the Run

Baby Newman is growing by the day!  I am loving feeling his little kicks and finally looking like I have a baby growing, not just an unusually fast weight gain.  

Last month, my running bestie and I had a chance to participate in the Retro Run 5K in Greensboro, NC.  It was a lot of fun, and a totally different kind of challenge since I was about 22 weeks pregnant at the time of the race.  Running while pregnant is hard.  Not only physically, but also mentally.  I have struggled to drink enough water throughout the pregnancy, and between that and the added weight that comes along with being pregnant, it has been very difficult to continue to run.  Regardless, I am going to keep trucking along-with plenty of walk breaks!  My distance goals have certainly changed.  At the VERY beginning of pregnancy, I was still able to run 5 miles without too much of a challenge.  Now, I struggle for 2 miles, and have to walk if I plan on running 3.

Pictures from the Race:

We went with tie dye to stick with the "retro" theme.  I was very proud of myself for finishing this race, and never imagined a 5K could challenge me so much.  This whole process has definitely given me a new perspective on the challenge that non-runners face when they are starting to run for the first time. My goal is to run one more 5K in October-fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment