Monday, July 22, 2013

Hello Bloggers!

Hi Everyone! 

Some of you followed me over at Life and Times of a Third Grade Teacher, but, as I am no longer going to be a third grade teacher, I decided to start up a new blog, keeping with my current lifestyle. 

Here's the story:

I am a 26 year old, happily married, running, reading, blogging grad student!  Here is a pic of me and the hubby with our two ADORABLE poochies:


I scored quite a catch with this one!  And as for the doggies, Jax is on the left, and Zoey is on the right.  We adopted both of these dogs from our local shelter, and haven't looked back!

I have been teaching for 4 1/2 FABULOUS years.  I love teaching with all my heart!  Here is me, with some of my kiddos:

**oldie but goodie**


But, sometimes, you have to make changes to do what is best for your family.  So, I decided to go BACK to SCHOOL to become a school administrator.  I applied for a scholarship loan, interviewed, and the next thing you know I am getting together MY school supplies and prepping for a whole new schedule and lifestyle.  *WOAH*  This is a far cry from my usual July meandering through Target, waiting to get the best deal on crayons, markers, and Lysol wipes in bulk! 

This is such a huge change for me, and I am actually surprised by how emotional the whole thing has been-I mean, I get on pinterest, and the next thing I know I am getting excited about back to school games and new classroom management ideas!  Sheesh.  So, I am on the hunt for ways to distract myself from the bittersweet emotions I have with the impending approach of a new school year, that I won't be a part of.

Distraction #1:  run girl run


I love going for a good run.  It definitely helps clear and quiet my mind, and gives me a sense of accomplishment, even on a bad day.  To date, I have run various 5K, 10K, and Half-Marathon Events.  I am NOT going to claim to have the best pace, best stride.....whatever.  I run for the enjoyment, and I love seeing other motivated people at races!  Here I am with a friend at our most recent half-marathon (I'm on the right!):



I am going to call running distraction numero uno since I am training for the Neuse River Bridge Run in October.  Bring it on, bridge!


 

Distraction #2:  chef.boy.ar.dee


I have also developed a passion for trying to cook or bake new things lately.  I have certainly had my fair share of FAILS, but I would say there have been an equal amount of YUMMY treats that have come out of this hobby.  I will post about recipes that I try, and let you know how they turn out!

Distraction #3:  house upgrade


My husband and I put our house on the market almost a year ago.....womp.  We are still sitting right here in the same living room we were a year ago....womp.  No time for pity parties though.  We are constantly trying to upgrade and re-do something, and I will let you know how each reno goes!


Anywho, please follow along with my journey, and I hope you enjoy some of the recipes, workouts, and other projects that I share!

Question for the Day:

What kinds of challenges have you recently had to face or overcome?

No comments:

Post a Comment